Welcome to St Christopher’s, Panania
Message from Fr Salas
I hope that you are all keeping safe and well during this challenging time of lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic. I know that it must be difficult for many of you as there has not been the opportunity for us to gather as a community to worship the Lord or for you to receive the sacraments. However, know that Fr Bhaskar and I are keeping you in our prayers and are here for you whenever you need. Please do not hesitate to contact the parish at any time if you need assistance. This is a strange period for all of us and there is no harm in reaching out if you may be struggling.
As for the parish, there are few things of which I would like to inform you:
* Weekly livestream Mass. This will be the only livestream to cover all masses over the weekend so please join us virtually to offer your prayers and intentions in unity with the parish. If you cannot join us live at 5:30pm on Saturday, feel free to access the recording any time over the weekend. The link will be made available on our YouTube channel and parish Facebook page of both St Christopher’s & St Patrick’s). Please click on the link below to watch the livestream of the mass from St Christopher’s (available to access from 5.30pm, Saturday 31 July) – https://youtu.be/4HuLTJ8kXg4
* Eucharistic Adoration: There will be livestreamed eucharistic adoration every Friday at 7pm beginning 30 July 2021 during this lockdown. It will be available on the parish YouTube channel and Facebook page. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEdMkuxRst8. Please join us in praying together for our parish.
St Christopher’s Panania & St Patrick’s Revesby Heights
“MICK” Michael Samuel – RIP
St Christopher’s/St Patrick’s Parish lost another of its beloved parishioners, Mick Samuel, who died on the 24th July. Mick has been a constant presence at weekday and weekend Masses at both St Christopher’s and St Patricks for the last 13 years. He was a beautiful witness of faith, greeted everyone with a smile, and was full of energy up until recent ill health began to take its toll. Mick has been lovingly cared for by his family during his illness which was a great blessing to him. Our love and prayers go out to all of his family and friends at this sad time. He will be greatly missed.
His funeral Mass (held at St Christopher’s on Monday August 2nd) is available to watch at this link.
If you would like to continue purchasing a hard copy of the Catholic Weekly during lockdown, you can purchase five issues for $20 and they will be posted to your house. To arrange purchase please call Rita at the Catholic Weekly on 0405 600 322. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the Catholic Weekly online and access it for free while the lockdown lasts and churches are closed. Here is the link:
The NSW Government has announced a new COVID-19 restrictions on churches effective from 27/7/2021
* All churches across greater Sydney are closed until at least on 28 August, under a NSW Government lockdown aimed at containing the spread of COVID-19.
* Funerals may proceed at this time, with a maximum of 10 people in in the congregation.
* Masks are compulsory for all people when in the church
* More information is available on the Archdiocesan website below
* Please note registration is still required for NSW government regulations
* Sign-in using the QR code or the sign-in sheet
Thank you for using the QR codes.You can also download the QR reader APP or Service NSW APP if you have trouble using the codes.
* Please contact Parish Office 9774 3662 for further information.
|At St Christopher’s we are committed to continuing to serve you during this challenging time through our Facebook page and website. If you are able to continue to support us with your regular contribution or donation it will be most appreciated. Click here to support us.|
St Christopher’s, Panania
We welcome you to St Christopher’s Parish, Panania, first established in 1952 with Fr Patrick Landers as Parish priest. The parish was created in response to a need for new parishes to provide for the growing number of families settling in south western Sydney.
Our church building has the unique distinction of being a converted ‘Star” movie theatre, purchased, converted and consecrated as the parish church in 1967.
St Christopher’s Parish is alive with the Good News of Jesus Christ, serving the community with the sacraments, including daily Mass, opportunities for Prayer, Rosary and Adoration, and offering many active ministries that provide both spiritual and practical pastoral care to parishioners and the wider community.
Your enquiries and interest in our parish are most welcome. You will find easily accessible information here at our website. Feel free to contact us using the details provided at the top of our home page.
Inspired by the Gospels, the Parish of St Christopher seeks to be a living witness to the Catholic faith, welcoming all who seek the spiritual nourishment that the love of Jesus Christ can offer. We are a community of believers that seek to share this love with all who come into contact with our community.
The St Christopher’s Parish strives to extend the values, practices and traditions of our Catholic faith to all of those in our community. We continue to develop and strengthen relationships between families, the school and beyond with our active sacramental programs and with the growth and development of new and existing ministries.